Wednesday, March 19, 2003  

Pain in the Neck

I'm not sure if it's from sleeping funny or from pressures at work but my neck and shoulders have been aching for the past week. Before he left town again Andrew said to go have a massage if it's still bothering me by mid-week. Such a nice offer but ugh, massages are so exspenisve. Normally I wouldn't be so concerned but since we're trying to save money and all....it's hard not to think about. I worry that I would only become tenser and more stressed, laying there thinking about the cost.

So I've been thinking maybe I would go buy a heating pad instead and maybe that would help. I did a little research online a minute ago to find any neck pain advice. One sight swore by taking a tennis ball and holding it (with medium pressure) on the most painful knot. Since I didn't have a tennis ball around I picked up the next best thing (?) an apple, and held it on the back of my neck for a good minute. Nothing, except now my apple looks bruised. (too much pressure?)

Anyone have neck/shoulder advice that doesn't involve sporting equipment?

| posted by Mary | 3/19/2003 05:57:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!