Friday, March 07, 2003  

So, How's Married Life?

This is the most often-asked question now that Andrew & I married. And of course it is because people aren't going to just ignore the fact that you're now married, that would be weird. I know I've asked my married friends the same question. And married life is great, it will be our three-week anniversary tomorrow.

However.

I went to the photo lab just now and as usual I chatted a bit with one of the guys working there, a middle-aged man with a very soft-spoken voice, who is always very sweet whenever I come in. Everyone there knew I had gotten married a few weeks ago so he asked the question - "How's married life?" I answered with my usual response - which goes something like "Oh, it's great. We're having fun, the apartment is a mess, etc, etc." He nodded and said "Is it really different?" Well, a little different, but nothing too strange. "Oh, I didn't know if you were Catholic or anything..." said my sweet, soft-spoken middle-aged guy. Huh? "Well, my wife, when we got married, she's Catholic so you know, that was really different, finally getting to you know, do the wild thing."

Whaaat? Wild Thing? Accckk!!! Too much information! Too much information! I'm defiantly not a prude but I hate this kind of conversation with people you don't really know. You're going along, thinking everything is normal and then someone busts out with something you have no idea how to respond to. Which, I didn't. I gave a feeble "Heh heh. Yeah.... Okay, have a good weekend!" and hightailed it out the door.

How's married life indeed!


| posted by Mary | 3/07/2003 11:05:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!