Thursday, May 01, 2003  

A Happy-Sad Day.



One of my very dearest friends is moving away. Katie called this morning and told me that it has finally happened, she got her dream-job offer and is moving in two weeks to be with the love of her life. They've been doing the long-distance thing for a long time now and now she's taking the plunge. I am so happy for them and so proud of her but am also so depressed for myself. She is going from living down the street from me to living in another state and we are all going to miss her so much. I keep thinking of when my best childhood friend moved away the summer after 3rd grade and how upset I was. Funny how some feelings don't change, even eighteen years later.

As part of her staying-in-touch pledge Katie has promised to start her own blog. I can't wait. This chick could make anyone roll on the floor with laughter and getting to read her insight into daily life is going to rock. Now that I've published her pledge she has to do it, right? I'll let you know when it's up and running. No pressure Katie, no pressure at all.

Ever had a great friend move away? How did you deal with it?

| posted by Mary | 5/01/2003 04:29:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!