Wednesday, May 07, 2003  

The Overhead Fluorescent Lighting Helps to Evoke a Feeling of Helplessness and Despair, as One's Deadline Looms Ahead

Today I've been trying to write copy for a spa brochure. It isn't going so well.

"The ultimate urban escape for those who wish to enjoy a blend of Eastern and Western harmonies"

"Natural light filters throughout to evoke a feeling of peace and well-being"

"The Spa's serene surroundings welcome guests with comfort and warmth."


Perhaps the problem lies in my own surroundings. The East and West have not blended well in my office at all. There is a 6-foot long/4-foot wide fluorescent light fixture directly above my head and if I turn my radio off I can hear it's mosquito-zapper-like hum. My desk and shelves are so cluttered with papers that I can't remember what the desk surface actually looks like.

Perhaps I should look into office feng shui?

| posted by Mary | 5/07/2003 05:29:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!