Wednesday, May 14, 2003  

The Perfect Mix.

As part of a small giftie for my pal Katie I started working on a mix cd to give her. All my friends know that I am the mix cd freak. After discovering that "Hey, I can download music from the internet! For free! While I'm at work!" I have been out of control. Take for example, our Dos De Mayo party we had earlier this month. I created three cds - five hours of music! - with mariachi, Gipsy Kings, Los Lobos, etc, mixed in with some "summer/warm weather-themed" tunes (Hot Fun in the Summertime, Sunny, etc) for the perfect party mix. And I yelled at anyone who tried to turn the stereo down. "By God, we are listening to Dos De Mayo Mix One and after that we're listening to Mix Two and Mix Three! Now back off!!" I think I scared a party guest.

The "Fun Summertime/If You're Missing Your Girlfriends/Party Party Party/Good Times Mix" cd for Katie includes the following:

Sly & Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime
Cheap Trick - I Want You to Want Me
ABBA - Take a Chance on Me
Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
Gipsy Kings - Dijobi Dijoba
Andrea True Connection - More More More
Man2Man - Male Stripper*
Nick Gilder - Hot Child in the City
Pointer Sisters - Got to Be Real
Carol Douglas - Doctor's Orders
Patrick Hernandez - Born to Be Alive

And a few others. The little birdie above is part of the label design. I am quite pleased with it all.

Now if only someone would make me a mix cd.......


* (Momo - if you read this - thank you for introducing me to this song! Love it!)

| posted by Mary | 5/14/2003 06:42:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!