Monday, May 19, 2003  

The Weekend.

Whew. Busy busy weekend. In a nutshell: Friday night was Katie's going-away party. I hate goodbyes and this was a big one. Still, it was a fun/sad night, Katie had a good time and I got to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time. Inspired by the mega-cuteness of Anna's sock dogs I made one for Katie as a goodbye gift. It went over rather well, I'm pleased to report. My only regret is that I didn't snap a pic of it after it was done. Bah.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed down to Florida for a quick visit with my aunt and uncle. Was about a four and 1/2 hour drive, not too bad. We had a great time with them, getting to catch up, floating in their pool, eating some great food and going out to hear music Saturday night. My uncle is a great (but humble) musician and has a large group of fellow musicians that get together to play bluegrass, folk, alt-country, blues, that kind of thing. We went out to a (smoke-free!) bar that night to hear a few people and I am currently fantasizing that I have secret, untapped musical talent and if I pick up a fiddle it will just start playing itself, right there in my hands. After seeing my Uncle Larry and his friends I am always inspired (in a lazy way) and think that I will one day dedicate myself to actually learning an instrument. And then I get busy with something else and forget about it. Still, maybe one day.....

Andrew has fooled around with guitar on and off for years and has recently picked it back up. I hope he sticks with it. I also hope he learns some new songs soon. If I have to hear "Dust in the Wind" or "Sloop John B" again I'm going to lose it.

| posted by Mary | 5/19/2003 12:27:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!