Monday, May 05, 2003  

The Weekend.

Quite a weekend. We hosted a Dos de Mayo party at our place Friday night. That afternoon I was chopping and blending everything up, listening to Los Lobos on the stereo and excited because of the good weather. We rearranged the patio furniture, dragged out the party tub of beer and got ready for our patio party, which was starting up at 6:30. It started raining at 7:00, which later turned into a torrential downpour around 9:00 but everyone stuck it out and had fun (I think). We went through a few 12-packs of beer and over a liter of tequila so I thought that was a good sign.

This weekend was also a special weekend in my neighborhood; it was the 10th Annual Music Midtown Festival, which takes place about 8 blocks from our apartment. $45 for a three day pass and tons of bands, it's a pretty good deal. We had special VIP passes for Saturday so we went and sat in the hospitality area overlooking the stages, sipping free drinks and feeling very VIP-ish. We watched Evanescence (who I had never heard before), Angie Aparo and Buddy Guy and then we lamed out and called it an early night.

Speaking of lame....I am twenty-six years old, which I still consider to be pretty young. But as I looked around at my fellow festival-goers I felt about seventy-six. They were all so young! And they weren't wearing any clothes!

We were surrounded by ultra super low-rise hot pants, cleavage and stomach baring shirts, thongs peeping out everywhere, and 6-inch high platform sandals. I felt like an 1800’s school marm, dressed in my khaki capris, tank top and jean jacket. Some of these poor sixteen-year-old girls looked so horribly exposed I wanted to run over and throw my jacket over them. I am not a prude but come on, at least wait until you've moved out of mom and dad's house before you start dressing like you're off to work the local street corner!

I only hope this trend wears off as my four-year-old niece gets older or my brother is going to have a coronary before he hits forty.

| posted by Mary | 5/05/2003 02:39:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!