Thursday, May 08, 2003  

Women I Have Been Told I Look Like



I just got back from lunch with Andrew and he told me that he was reading Harp magazine and do I know who I look like? A young Stevie Nicks!

Immediately I began imaging myself dressed in layers of asymmetrical chiffon, holding a tambourine in one hand. No! I do not look anything like Stevie Nicks, young or old!

People are always telling me I look like someone else.

Alicia Silverstone - I got this a lot when I was a freshman in college, back when I had really long hair. Every drunk guy in a 10-foot radius was always coming over to tell him I looked "just like that chick in the Aerosmith videos!"

Reese Witherspoon - This has only started pretty recently. Normally from guys working at Blockbuster or from my brother-in-law. I think Reese is adorable but I don't look a thing like her.

Drew Barrymore - Again, from drunk guys. I don't get this one.

Cheryl Crow - Heard this only once, from a woman at my parent's church. I think my brown leather handbag resembles Cheryl Crow more than I do.

Lindsay Wagner - The Bionic Woman. I had a group of men at a sandwich shop tell me I looked "just like the Bionic Woman!" "You Lindsay Wagner?" They were about 20 years too late and still, I look nothing like Lindsay Wagner. (although Cheryl Crow kinda does)

And now....Stevie Nicks? I don't think so.

| posted by Mary | 5/08/2003 03:23:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!