Tuesday, June 24, 2003  

It's 11:00 pm...do you know where your chakra is?



Sometimes I love the fast pace of my job but then there are other times, like today, when I just think "Man, I need to slow down or I'm going to lose it." My first yoga class was tonight at 7:00 pm. I raced out of work at 6:45, sped-walked back to my apartment (muttering the f-word all the way home), threw on yoga clothes and hightailed it over to the class. I was five minutes late and when I quietly crept into the room, with the dim lights and burning incense, I felt like my head was going to explode from all the stress of the day. Within two minutes though I felt totally relaxed and really enjoyed the class. We "ooohhhmmmmed" and stretched and it was just was I needed. Until I had to come back into the office at 10:00 to finish a proposal that has to be there first thing in the morning, London time. Bleah. All my serenity has gone right out the window. It seems kind of like going to the salon to get your hair done and then jumping in a swimming pool.

Oh well. Maybe my serenity will be back in the morning. "Ooooohhhmmmmmm......."

| posted by Mary | 6/24/2003 11:08:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!