Monday, July 07, 2003  

Get It Together.



I'm not the most organized person in the world. And lately I've felt like I'm slipping into a paperwork abyss at work. During a catch-up meeting with my boss this morning I voiced my concern of being able to handle all of my day-to-day tasks. He looked over my weekly planner (the style I've always used) and said that I really should consider switching to the Franklin Covey system that he uses. Please keep in mind that I think a lot of my boss and am open to any suggestions he makes. He is a great supervisor and a super-dedicated worker.

But this day planner thing. This is maybe the sixth time he's mentioned it in the two and a half years we've been working together. So maybe I should take the hint and spring for one. After he gave me a very convincing testimonial (think "QVC") on the day planner I decided "Sure, why not? It can't hurt and it should make me look like I'm trying to be organized. Oops. I mean, "It will make me organized!" So I go to the Franklin Covey website and holy cow - these babies aren't cheap! I had better be organized as hell if I'm paying $60 or more for a dang day planner!

And then there is the question of style. Franklin Covey offers a few options - do I want to go traditional with the Original design? Or maybe let my "humorous yet intellectual" side show with The New Yorker style, complete with cartoons. Maybe a little too sophisticated for my blood. The Leadership design, which features inspiring business related quotes and images, might make me puke so I probably shouldn't consider that one. I'm leaning towards Simplicity, which is a bit girlie for my taste, but maybe that's okay. I'm a girl. Perhaps calming words like "rejuvenate" floating across the top of the page would help the workday go smoothly.

All of this just reminds me of the Trapper Keeper I had in fourth grade. It was a simpler time back then......

| posted by Mary | 7/07/2003 06:59:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!