Tuesday, July 22, 2003  

Gloves



I was flipping through the new Vogue yesterday (the one with my girl Sarah Jessica on the cover!) and was reading up on fall trends. Vogue's fall trends aren't really in my economic realm (I won't be buying a new Marc Jacobs frock this season, to put it mildly) but one of them really caught my eye. Gloves. Gloves are back. Long or short, leather or cotton....ladylike gloves are this season's hot accessory. Hmmm....gloves, eh? I picture myself wearing a simple black dress, sweet little gloves my only ornamentation. I like it! But....Prada...Hermes....Louis Vuitton....as if!!! I immediately head to my favorite place: Ebay.

Bada-bing! There are tons of gloves to be had, and pretty inexpensive too! Cotton, velvet, suede, kidskin.....vintage, new, plain, embroidered. Gloves, gloves, gloves!!!

The only thing I'm wondering now....exactly how and wear do I wear these gloves? The models in Vogue all look terrific standing around making bored faces while sporting gloves. But....they're just standing around. Can I wear gloves out to have a drink? Do I have to take them off when I go inside? Can you hold a drink while wearing glove? Smoke a cigarette? (not that I smoke) I'm racking my brain trying to think of old movies....what did Doris Day do with her gloves??

I need glove etiquette!


| posted by Mary | 7/22/2003 07:07:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!