Thursday, July 24, 2003  

Jonesing for Vintage



Looking for vintage gloves on Ebay was like opening a can of worms. "Wow....I haven't been on Ebay in a while....wonder what they have for vintage cashmere sweaters....I'll just take a quick look." Bad idea! I am now yearning for about ten different sweaters, ranging in prices from $15-$550.

If you like cashmere I urge you to go vintage. The fabric is sooooo much nicer quality than today's cashmere, they just hold up like a dream. And you get that great 1950s sweater-girl fit too! I was hooked after Andrew gave me a lovely little reddish orange cardigan for my birthday two years ago. It is one of favorite items in my wardrobe, foolproof on days when I feel blah and need something cozy and sweet to cheer me up.

For some reason I am now drawn to these ultra glamorous fur-collar sweaters. Though I wish they were faux fur instead.....what's the socially conscious stance on vintage fur, I wonder.....?



| posted by Mary | 7/24/2003 07:28:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!