Monday, July 14, 2003  

The Weekend.



We had a wonderful time. Jessica is just as sweet as ever and she gets even more fun as she gets older. The speech impediment is still there, as in "Aunt Mwary, wook at the wittle wabbit!" and even though I'm little worried that she'll need speech therapy later.....it sure is cute.

We went to the Atlanta Zoo on Friday and that went pretty well, although I think she would have been just as happy going to a park, as she was more into climbing on the rocks and playing with the bamboo than looking at the animals. Oh well......she had fun.

Uncle Andrew came out the house on Saturday morning and the whole family went over to College Park to look at a house (a craftsman bungalow built in 1922) that Andrew and I were interested in. Jess walked through the house saying "It's oooold. It smells kinda funny!" She was right.

Saturday afternoon we went swimming and I exhausted myself giving whales rides and slinging her all around the pool. There were some other girls in the pool (who were a little bit older) and they wouldn't really play with her....they kept swimming into the deep end where she couldn't go. Waaahhh! She looked like a forlorn little puppy and it about broke my heart. I jumped in the pool to play with her and she was so funny. After I had been tossing her around and spinning in the water with her for awhile she said "Let's go show those kids how much fun we're having......hey look, Madison, hey, look at me, look at how much fun I'm having with my Aunt Mwary!" I almost tear up everytime I think about it....such a pitiful/sweet moment.

Saturday we just took it easy and I made a sock dog for her after dinner. I'm afraid my sewing abilities aren't so hot and the poor little doggie's appendages will get ripped off if she plays with it too hard but oh well, it looked cute and she was pleased. Wish I’d thought to take a picture of it.

Andrew and I left to go back home on Sunday afternoon and it was hard saying goodbye to her. This is not to say that the weekend went without incident, there were a few crying episodes, a little bit of whining and some bossing as well. Still, we had a great time and I love being Aunt Mwary.

* Jessica drew the picture above of course. Its shows the two of us outside “playing on a cloud.” Contrary to how it may appear I did not keep my niece on a purple leash this weekend. I think she just drew one really long arm.

| posted by Mary | 7/14/2003 06:21:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!