Tuesday, August 12, 2003  

The Incredible Sadness of Pelvic Pain.

In my never-ending quest for better health I meet with a physical therapist this morning to start treatment for pelvic floor dysfunction. Quite a morning. I really liked the PT, she was very nice and I felt comfortable with her. She did a physical evaluation, lead me through some exercises and then we sat down to discuss next steps. Before I left she handed me a huge pile of literature to read over.....lots of info but one thing particularly stuck out to me.



This cracked me up. It's a pamphlet for the Vulvar Pain Foundation - a support group for women with, well....women with vulvar pain. All fine and good but holy crap....take a closer look at the women on the cover of the brochure:



Could this be any sadder looking?!? She walks alone in a vast plain of blankness.....head downcast and hands in her pockets. There will be no joy in her life, as she suffers from pelvic pain. Sigh........

The Vulvar Pain Foundation could really use a new mascot. Here's my suggestion:


Vulvar Pain Woman to the rescue! Hoorah!

| posted by Mary | 8/12/2003 04:57:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!