Tuesday, September 23, 2003  

Excuses Excuses.



"My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So......it's sort of a family crisis. Bye!"

Sound familiar?

I'm currently irked at a fellow ebayer who I purchased an item from two weeks ago. I, always a good little ebay junkie, promptly paid as soon I won and then waited for my purchase to arrive. And waited some more. Then I sent an email to the seller and waited for a response. Waiting, waiting.

I checked their feedback to see if there had been any bad reports and - whatdayaknow, there three other people who bought items around the same time I did, all complaining and saying they were filing fraud reports. Fraud! Acccck! That day I finally had an email back from the seller saying there had been a death in her family and she was sending out my purchase that day. Hmmm. That was last Monday. Still no item. No further email.

I emailed her again (nagging always works, right?), this time threatening to file a fraud report if it didn't get delivered this week.

Then I noticed something...the name on the email was familiar.....oh no.....this was a seller I had a bad experience with two years ago, selling under another name!!!! Clothesgirl2003 used to be MelodyGreen and two years ago she took three months to deliver (another) Shoshanna top that I had purchased.

Her excuse for the late delivery two years ago? "I'm sorry to be sending this late but there was a death in my family."

Hmmmm......I hate not to believe people but come on! I could come up with better than that.....

"I ran out of gas! I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts!"

| posted by Mary | 9/23/2003 06:24:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!