Tuesday, September 30, 2003  

Sex & The Superstation?





Okay, I'm a bit obessed with "Sex & the City."

But - I was so surprised when Andrew emailed me this news item earlier today - starting next June, the Atlanta-based TBS Superstation will be showing cleaned-up versions of the HBA original series.

While I initially felt thrilled a few minutes later I just felt confused....cleaned up versions of the show....but how? So much of what makes the show great is that is is unrestricted by the normal broadcasting requirments...an "unsexed" version just won't be the same.

The article goes on to say that the shows producers originally shot the same scenes from a different angle so that the show could be reworked for a mainstream audience. I'm trying to picture how the directing would go....I'm guessing after take one Kim Cattrall jumps up and puts on her underwear for take two.....the f-word becomes...what?..."frig?" As in, "Frig me now, you stallion?"

Nope. I can't see it.

I mean, you should see what happens to "The Breakfast Club" whenever Superstation airs it.......


| posted by Mary | 9/30/2003 05:35:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!