Tuesday, September 02, 2003  

Weekend Movie Fest



Back from the long weekend....had a good one! On Saturday Andrew and I drove up to my parents' moutain place in Big Canoe, which is always fun/relaxing/beautiful. My plans for hanging out on the lake and playing on the sliding rock were dashed as the weather was not agreeable, but we had a cozy time indoors....reading, eating and watching lots of movies. Mom and I were overjoyed to find a Dorris Day movie marathon on Turner Classic Movies. Oh, I love Doris Day! It was a struggle wrestling the remote away from Andrew and my dad but we managed to catch most of "Please Don't Eat the Dasies," "Send Me No Flowers" and "Julie." Sunday night we had rented "White Oleander" (it was okay) and then after it was over we saw that "Fatal Attraction" was on. Ooooo...it is such a great creepy movie, and Andrew had never seen it! I hadn't seen it in years but after watching it again I've decided "Fatal Attraction" should be shown as part of pre-maritial counseling. Scare tactics never hurt anyone.

Interesting sidenote: I was just reading trivia for the movie and it says that the original ending had Alex (Glenn Close) committing suicide and Dan (Michael Douglas) being arrested for her murder! A great plot twist but it was changed after the preview audiences felt that Alex was not appropirately brought to justice. The original ending still appears in the Japanese release.......hmmmm....wonder where I could get my hands on that?

| posted by Mary | 9/02/2003 03:04:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!