Tuesday, October 14, 2003  

At the Movies



We finally went to see "Lost in Translation" over the weekend and I love, love, loved it! Bill Murray is so great and Scarlett Johansson was excellent as well. It was playing at Atlanta's newest art movie house - Landmark Midtown Art Cinema. When Andrew & I were leaving the screening room we overheard a couple in front of us saying "Well, that wasn't what I was excepting at all! Do you know it was like that? I didn't know it was like that!" I had to wonder what they were expecting..."Why, that was nothing like "Groundhog Day!"

I'm very excited about this new movie theater...I was checking out the upcoming schedule and I'm going to be very busy over the next few weeks, with Wonderland, Sylvia, Party Monster and others, all coming soon to a theater near me! Something that I'm curious about - is anyone familiar with the Cremaster Cycle? A series of five films done by an American avant garde artist...I saw a trailer for it before "Lost in Translation." Totally bizarre does not begin to describe it. Very dreamlike, very surreal. The Midtown Art Cinema is showing the series during the week of Halloween, I definitely want to check out at least one of the films. This could be either beautifully fascinating or annoyingly pretentious but I'm curious either way.

| posted by Mary | 10/14/2003 02:13:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!