Wednesday, October 22, 2003  

The Joy of Louis Prima



I've been downloading loungey and swingy music for our party on Saturday....and I am totally loving Louis Prima. If you are having an off day and need a little cheering up just listen to "Please No Squeeza Da Banana" or "Angelina" and of course, "Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody." Good good stuff.

I enjoyed The Official Website of Louis Prima, reading a little background info on him....as a child he was trained in classical violin and was going to be a concert violinist but somewhere along the way he picked up a trumpet instead and become one of the kings of swing.

When I was babysitting in Virginia last weekend my niece and I watched one of my favorite Disney movies - "The Jungle Book", featuring Louis Prima as "King Louie", the head honcho orangutan who sings "I Wanna Be Like You." Now that's a dang catchy song. I start bouncing around in my seat just thinking about it.

"Oh, oobee doo! I wanna be like you.....I wanna walk like you, talk like you, too......"

| posted by Mary | 10/22/2003 05:34:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!