Thursday, October 09, 2003  

Maneki-Neko



A few weeks ago Andrew took me to Yum Yum Thai for a celebratory birthday dinner. The food was great and the ambiance was lovely but what really impressed me was the line of little waving cats they had sitting by their cash register. So cute! I told Andrew I needed a waving cat on my desk at work.

That was a few weeks ago and I had since forgotten about it. But then yesterday I opened the new Budget Living and lo and behold - there was a whole article talking about Maneki-Neko, the little waving cats that I had seen! Apparently they are a traditional good luck figurine in Japan. From what I read, a Maneki with its left paw raised invites customers (or people) into your store (or home), while a raised right paw invites money or good fortune.

So not only are these cats cute but they're lucky as well......now I really want one!

| posted by Mary | 10/09/2003 08:36:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!