Friday, October 24, 2003  

Sad.



There is a woman at my firm who, although she could be very nice at time, was generally a huge pain in the arse. She berated the underlings who worked on projects with her and was constantly making other people do her work. A friend of mine at work was sometimes reduced to tears after spending 16 hour day working with this woman. She is the only person I worked with here who has ever made me feel really really angry. And then a few weeks ago I heard she was leaving the firm! Happy day! And then I heard that, actually, she had been let go. This is a big big deal at my company, an interior design firm that has associates who have been working here for 20+ years. Associates just don't get let go.

Today is her last day and I have this overwhelming sadness every time I pass her office. I keep thinking how incredibly hard it would be to leave the only company you've ever worked for (and for over twenty years) and have to find something new.

And now I feel bad for ever having evil thoughts toward her. (they weren't that evil...but still) Why is it that sometimes the thing you think you'd enjoy just makes you feel bad instead?

| posted by Mary | 10/24/2003 09:31:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!