Monday, November 17, 2003  

Ladies and Gentlemen.....The Reverend Al Green!



Al Green's new album comes out tomorrow! And based on the song samples that I've heard it and the reviews that I've read, it should be incredible.

This album is a pretty big deal. Green is reuniting with his original producer-arranger Willie Mitchell and this is their first non-gospel album in a looong time. (I say long time because I read 12 years in one article and 27 years in another. Hmm. Where's a fact checker when you need one?)

I've had a soft spot for Al Green for a long time but I especially love him after seeing him perform at Music Midtown three years ago. He had on a bright white tux and he strutted and danced across the stage and he sounded amazing. So much energy and, this sounds cornball I know, so much love. And everyone dancing around in the standing-room only audience was smiling from ear to ear. It's such a nice memory to have.

I can't wait for "I Can't Stop" to bring it all back to me.

| posted by Mary | 11/17/2003 05:05:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!