Monday, November 10, 2003  

Long time, no blog.....



Wow, I haven't blogged in almost a week! Our internet service went down last Thursday so it's been a few days with no blogs to read, no Ebay to peruse....in other words, a very productive few days at work.

So, what's been going on in my world? A brief update.....

House obsessions. Oh yes, it is already taking over. I've gone through all my magazine and flagged ideas I like with post-its, gone to Home Depot and perused paint chips, have been making of list of things I want from Ikea (we are planning to make the trip up to Potomac Mills sometime in the next few months)...and the list goes on and on. So many things to think about.

I'm currently obsessing over a Haywood Wakefield table and chairs (and a hutch, as long as I'm wishing) for our future kitchen. I got my hopes raised big time last week when I saw an ad in the paper for a set of six chairs going for $50 a piece but alas, when we went to look at them they weren't what I'm looking for at all. I tortured myself by visiting 20th Century Antiques,where one lone chair will set you back $300. Sigh.......

What else have I been doing besides ogling furniture I can't afford.....?

I drug Andrew to the Landmark Theater last Thursday to go see Party Monster, a movie I had been eagerly anticipating ever since I saw the "Party Monster" documentary a few years ago. The movie didn't get rave reviews but I loved it....Seth Green was brilliant as James St. James and the movie was Macaulay Culkin's first in eight years (Richie Rich being the last).

Last Thursday was also our home inspection and - hooray - it went great! No big problems and the inspector said we have a good solid house. The roof is a little old and the furnace is too but we already knew about that so no big surprises. And now I know all about the inner working of our house......we spent hours down in the basement, looking at the HVAC, etc, crawling in the crawl space, looking up on the roof. Very educational.

There was a whole lot of other stuff I did last week, like work 11-hour days, but no need to get into that. This week should be a good one....fall weather is finally here so I got to wear my new pink wool sweater today, I have terrific leftovers to eat for lunch and - best of all, the internet is back so I can go catch up on all the blogs I missed. Hooray!

| posted by Mary | 11/10/2003 04:45:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!