Wednesday, December 24, 2003  

11:45 on Christmas Eve Night.



I'm at my parents' house sitting at the desk in my "old room" with Andrew asleep in my old bed. Today has consisted of

- eating far too many cookies
- looking at old photos and marveling over how young my parents looked ("Dad, you were so skinny! Mom, look at your hair!!")
- running around town with my dad, buying last minute stocking stuffers
- sipping champagne with my mom and dancing in the kitchen to Christmas music
- driving around the neighborhood with Andrew, looking at Christmas lights
- opening up our wonderful presents (money for a new door, a Le Creuset frying pan, a dustpan with a smiley face, all sorts of thoughtful things)
- and now, freezing my butt off up in my old room, as my dad likes to keep the house a chilly 60 degrees at night. Brrrrr....

Tomorrow morning we'll pillage our stockings, have breakfast (blueberry french toast) and then Andrew and I hit the road heading for Kentucky, a trek up to visit the Watkins clan. A whirlwind Christmas all around.

Life is a whirlwind in every way right now. We started moving into our new house last Friday and the past five days have flown by. There are boxes everywhere, things to put away, wallpaper to come down, things to paint, so much to do it boggles my mind. The move itself was essentially painless...I've felt a few moments of sadness at leaving my little bachelorette apartment behind (I lived there alone for three years) but I love love love our new house. It is already feeling like home (except for when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't remember where I am).

The only problem so far - we have not had a phone since last Thursday. Something is wrong with the lines, no one has determined what exactly. The lack of communication is starting to really get to me (think Tom Hanks in "Castaway" or maybe Jack Nicholson in "The Shining." I'm already talking to inanimate objects, surely insanity can't be far behind). I have a cell phone that I can get a signal on if I go and press my face against the furtherest window of our kitchen...otherwise, no way to get in touch with anyone. Needless to say, communication has been scant for this past week. Hopefully it will all be resolved soon and we will be back up and running with both phone and internet. Please, Santa, a working phone line is really all I need this year.

Okay, that and peace, love and joy in the world. And happiness to all my friends and family. Not too much to ask for, right?

| posted by Mary | 12/24/2003 11:30:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!