Thursday, January 29, 2004  

Client Presentation



So things are already changing here with my boss gone. Even though I've been working with my company for three years and have created countless PowerPoint presentations for them, today was the first time I actually got to attend a presentation for a prospective client. Basically, I am the only one who knows how to run the computer with my boss gone. I am actually considered tech-savy. Ha!

It was interesting. We were meeting with a rather well-known hotel operator at the office of the rather well-known architect. When I walked in the room it was just a big horseshoe of men shifting around in their seats and talking to hear themselves talk. I had to sit in the center of the horseshoe to run my computer and I ended up sitting by one of the head honchos. He talked very loudly and was pretty obnoxious and keep holding his index finger up to his nose and sniffing it all during our presentation.

In between finger sniffing he asked lots of questions in a pretty aggressive manner. The whole thing reminded me of 4th grade and having a teacher who always seemed to want to catch you on not knowing the right answer.

In the past I had often wished I could attend these presentations and have more visibility in the company and not just be behind the scenes, etc, etc. But after the meeting today I've never been so happy to return to the safety of my little office and spend the rest of the alone, hunched over some brochure mock-ups and quietly listening to my Billy Bragg cd.

Maybe invisibility isn't such a bad thing.

| posted by Mary | 1/29/2004 08:23:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!