Wednesday, January 21, 2004  

Nerdling



Andrew's 30th birthday is next Friday and the only things he has requested are an ice cream cake from Bruster's (I will happily oblige) and some very expensive book called "Swarm Theory" which is about "Particle swarm optimization (PSO) as a social intelligence model."

Whaaaaat???? I have no idea but Andrew is on a kick reading about how birds fly in flocks, bees work in hives, etc. Andrew and I have so many things in common...our sense of humor, love of music, taste in movies, etc but his love of engineering and mathematical modeling is something we definitely do not share. Sometimes when he's getting all excited about optimization algorithms I look at him and think "Who are you?"

Funny though, ever since I was looking for the book on Amazon, my "recommended items" list is now telling me that I might be interested in such titles as "Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos: With Applications to Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Engineering" and "Emergence: The Connected Lives of Ants, Brains, Cities, and Software." Huh.

I feel as though I've tricked Amazon into thinking I'm much smarter than I actually am..........

| posted by Mary | 1/21/2004 09:08:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!