Monday, January 05, 2004  

Return From the Land of Unpacked Boxes!



I'm back at work after my two-week hiatus. Christmas was lovely, New Years was fun and the long break from work was much needed/appreciated/enjoyed.

Even though I'm sure we didn't spend every waking moment working on the house it sure felt like it. And what did we get done in two weeks? Not a whole lot. My fantasies of easily removing wallpaper and painting the rooms of the house were quickly dissolved as I realized that everything is going to take at least twice as long as I thought it would. Which is okay, we're not in a hurry. The house will be paid off in thirty years, maybe by then we'll have everything done.

And now - Fun With Numbers!

Number of times I've sworn in the past two weeks: Approximately 1,000 (despite having watching "The Sound of Music" on TV one night and deciding to be a "good and virtuous person like Maria")

Number of times the swearing involved wallpaper, contact paper or roaches: 999

Number of calories consumed in the past two weeks: No. I don't want to think about it.

Number of pounds I gained in the past two weeks: Four. Damn.

Numbers of calories burned by hours of ceaselessly stripping wallpaper: Apparently not too many.

Number of walls that are stripped clear of wallpaper: One.

Number of walls with wallpaper that is refusing to come off: So far, all of them but one.

Number of times Andrew has said "Okay. There's good news and bad news": Three.

Number of times the "bad news" has been wallpaper-related: Three.

Number of fingernails I've broken in the past week: Seven.

Number of roach traps found when cleaning out the kitchen cabinets: Just one (which was more than enough)

Number of times I've winced thinking about roaches roaming around in the kitchen cabinets: At least five hundred by now.

Number of miles between our house and a Target: One!

Number of trips I've taken to Target in the past two weeks: Way too many. Andrew says Target will be the demise of our budget.

Number of times I've listened to the Talking Heads box set I got for Christmas: Maybe 20 times? I think I know every song by heart now.

Number of times I've thought that, in spite of the hard work and ongoing mess, I couldn't be happier with our new home: Countless.

| posted by Mary | 1/05/2004 12:27:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!