Thursday, February 12, 2004  

Weekend 'O Love.



We have quite a romantic weekend coming up, with Valentine's Day on Saturday and our first wedding anniversary on Sunday. When we were planning our wedding I was so excited to be getting married on February 15th because that was the day of my first date with Andrew. (the one where he asked me what I wanted to do because "he hadn't put a lot of thought into it")

So we have two romantic days back to back and we've been trying to figure out how to spend them. I've always loved Valentine's Day (adore the color red and you get chocolate, what a great holiday!) but this year I'm more excited about celebrating our first wedding anniversary.

We decided that for Valentine's Day we would stay in and cook a nice dinner, drink some wine, maybe play a romantic game of Scrabble or something. For our anniversary we're planning to go out for dinner (we're thinking Veni Vidi Vici) and exchange small gifts.

So I've been thinking about the traditional anniversary gifts and was wondering - married people, do you follow these traditions for your anniversaries? If so, what have you given and/or received?

The first anniversary is the traditionally the "paper anniversary", with the modern version being the "clock anniversary". I have a couple of ideas that I'm batting around but any suggestions would be great.

As for me, not sure what Andrew has in mind but I've been eyeing this Alessi paper towel holder for our new kitchen. And I would like to point out that it holds paper towels.

Or if he wanted to splash out a bit and go for the modern interpretation of the clock, this is rather nice.

That said, really a nice card (paper!) and some flowers would be just lovely.

| posted by Mary | 2/12/2004 08:25:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!