Monday, March 01, 2004  

First Day.

Whew. Got through my first day at the new job. Why are first days at new jobs so tiring? I didn't do that much today (and even got to leave early!) but still.....exhausting.

Initial thoughts on the new job:

It took me five minutes to drive to work this morning. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

The people are nice, a group took me out to lunch, talked about the happy hours they have every month, seems like a good group.

I think I should be able to handle the work load here and still leave at 5:00 every day.

The sad part:

I miss my office. (I'm now sit at a desk in a bookstore, open to the public, rather than holed away all alone in my office)

I miss my computer with all the fancy pants design programs I had (the new workplace has a "graphics computer room" you have to go to instead of having programs on installed on your own computer).

But I did not miss working until 7:00 pm and then scooting along the interstate in hideous Atlanta traffic. I was out the door at 4:30 this afternoon and pulled in our driveway at 4:36. Love it.

Gotta go to bed and rest up for the Second Day at New Job. I think part of the exhaustion comes from trying to remember new people's names all day long. Right now there's only one person there whose name I can remember and it's only because her name is........Mary.

| posted by Mary | 3/01/2004 06:11:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!