Tuesday, March 02, 2004  

"Three Dollars!"



During my unemployment period last week I went thrift shopping one day. There's a Value Village just down the street from us and I while I didn't find any great clothes this time I did come up with some excellent jewelry, three pieces totaling eight bucks. My favorite is this black and turquoise beaded multi-strand necklace, hard to describe but very funky and looks great with a plain black top. I wore it to work yesterday and received compliments all day. I just smiled and said thank you.

Today I'm wearing another one of my thrift finds, a rhinestone flower pin, pinned on my pink tweed jacket. And when the first person of the day complimented the pin I tried to just smile demurely and say thanks but I ended up grinning like a maniac and blurting out "Value Village! Three dollars!"

Whenever I buy anything for a great price (which happens a good bit since my favorite shopping places are thrift stores, Ebay, TJ Maxx and Lohemann's) I always want to share it.

"Mary, love your shoes."

"TJ Maxx, fifteen dollars! Can you believe it?!?"

"Nice top."

"Ebay! Shoshanna! Originally $150. I got it for $30!"

Does anyone else share this compulsion? A good bargain is hard to be modest about.

| posted by Mary | 3/02/2004 12:10:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!