Monday, April 26, 2004  

Oh Happy Day!

I've been dancing around and grinning like a maniac all day because I finally had a phone call this morning from The Place Where I Would Love to Work. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much but the Senior Recruiter called me this morning and went over my resume and background, asked me about my salary range, where I lived in relation to the office, and said that she would pass my information on to the hiring manager (the person for whom I left the World's Stupidest Voicemail) and I could possibly be called in for an interview. I am praying, crossing fingers and toes and trying to think positively. Still, even if I don't get called for an interview, just getting the phone call this morning was a much-needed boost to my job-seeking self esteem. If one person called, why, that means other people should too, right? Right?!?

So that was pretty much today in a nutshell, I spent the day happy and excited and trying not to obsess too much. Trying. Very. Hard.

Had a very good weekend, highlighted by Friday's karaoke outing with some girlfriends. We went to Val's, the little gay/redneck/karaoke bar that is quickly becoming my new favorite place. Who needs the good-looking midtown crowd and $8 cocktails when you can buy $2 beers and get up on stage to belt out Sister Sledge's "We Are Family" with the friendly group of local lesbians? A good time was had by all.

Even though I only had about three hours sleep the night before, I was happy to get up Saturday morning and go pick up Andrew, in from a weeklong business trip to Chicago. We had breakfast at the best breakfast place in town, then spend most of afternoon blissfully napping together. Sunday was all about yard work and making a giant mess in the kitchen preparing pan-seared tilapia with almond brown butter. (more like pan-seared tilapia with almond blackened butter. Oops.)

So, a very good weekend and now this week is off to a most excellent start. If I get any happier I might explode.

| posted by Mary | 4/26/2004 07:24:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!