Monday, May 03, 2004  

Baby Showers on the Brain.



Our bookclub met tonight to discuss our latest ("Babyville") and to have a little impromptu shower of sorts for our pregnant bookclub member. Tomorrow I'm sending out invitations for a shower that some of my girlfriends and I are throwing for her in about three weeks. I know my way around a bridal shower pretty well but baby showers are new to me.

The invites were easy to find, the menu should be simple to sort out and we have a few good gift ideas, the biggest question Natalie and I were asking ourselves today was games. Should we have baby shower games? If so, what do we have? I've only been to a few baby showers and I was racking my brain trying to remember what we did. I remember having to diaper a co-worker with toilet paper, a traumatic experience that I wouldn't want anyone else to have to suffer through. Nat was telling me about a game involving guessing what kind of food is in baby food jars without labels. Andrew and I have done this a few times at the grocery store, just on our own and I've always thought it was pretty funny. I like that one. What about the game involving melted chocolate bars and diapers? Is that funny or just disgusting? Am I disgusting because I think it's funny?

I am very amused and/or alarmed by some of the games I have seen on the internet. Some cute, some creepy.

Would you enjoy playing:

the "My Water Broke" game - involving plastic babies and ice cubes

the "Bun in the Oven" game

the "Pea in a Pod" game

the "Dirty Diaper" game - involving "pre-soiled dirty diapers, made with dijon mustard stains." Yech!

And so forth and so on. The possibilities are endless.

Baby Shower games: Yay or Nay?

| posted by Mary | 5/03/2004 01:42:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!