Sunday, May 30, 2004  

Back from Crazy.


My mom, brothers and me, circa 1977. I am the little one in the back that you can hardly see.

Back from my weeklong hiatus. I found the perfect distraction for forgetting my woes of job-searching. Head down to Florida for the week to witness my brother having some sort of mental breakdown. Or whatever. My mom and I spent the last week in Florida, helping babysit my two little nephews, while my 38 year old brother acted like a surly 16 year old, yelling at my mom, accusing everyone in our family, refusing to listen, feeling sorry for himself, etc. Family Drama at it's finest. Bleah.

We stayed at my grandmother's House of Tchotchkes, surrounded by ceramic geese, wooden pigs and masses of artificial floral arrangements. I am happy to be back in my own house and am thrilled to sleep in my own little bed tonight.

The week wasn't a total wash. I got to spend time with my mom, play with my nephews, and Friday night Mom and I escaped over to my Uncle Larry and Aunt Janine's house, so I got to hang with two of my favorite people in the world. Larry cooked dinner, we drank wine and stayed up until 3:00 in the morning.


Mary and Uncle Larry, summer 1981. Larry plays the guitar, I accompany him on the pitch pipe.

The trip to Florida left me dazed and tired. Now it's back to resume sending, wallpaper stripping and weed pulling....back to normal life.

| posted by Mary | 5/30/2004 07:49:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!