Wednesday, May 05, 2004  

Free Dream Analysis? Anyone? Anyone?



Leah blogged today about dream analysis. I normally don't remember my dreams too well but lately I have been having very vivid dreams that are still fresh in my mind when I wake up.

Monday night I dreamed that I was going to see my favorite band of all time, the Talking Heads. Nevermind that they broke up over ten years ago, in my dream they were all there, performing at a very small amphitheater. We had seats just a few rows from the front and I was so excited, I couldn't believe I was getting to see David Byrne live and onstage. After a while I started getting a little weirded out though because I kept thinking that he was staring right at me while he was singing. I figured it was probably just a stage performer trick though, probably everyone thought David Byrne was staring just at them.

There was an intermission and Andrew and I were sitting in our seats and talking when someone like a stage manager came up and said "David Byrne wants you up on stage with him. He said you keep staring at him and it's freaking him out." I was totally embarrassed but Andrew just laughed at me and urged me to go backstage and meet my favorite singer. So I went and he was getting ready to go out for the second part of the show, waiting in the wings. I walked over to him and realized that he was completely naked with his penis tucked in between his legs so you couldn't see anything. He looked at me and said, "Oh, the girl who keeps staring, how are you? Are you going to come out and sing with us?" Someone handed me a pair of maracas and pushed me out on stage. David Byrne sorta hobbled/walked out, still with all his bits tucked away. The audience seemed to have grown in size and they were all cheering loudly. David Bryne said "And here's a girl from the audience who has been staring at me all night. I think she's in love with me" and then motioned to me. They broke into song (don't know which one) and that was the end of the dream. I woke up totally mortified.

I know David Byrne is a little weird. And I'm a little strange sometimes too. But that was one effed-up dream.

| posted by Mary | 5/05/2004 12:51:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!