Wednesday, May 19, 2004  

What a Difference A Day Makes.....

Monday I fell into a kind of black hole/pit of despair situation....I spent the whole day feeling bummed out and worrying about finding a job. I couldn't figure out why the great lead I had found last week wouldn't call me back. No one would call me back. I looked at the calendar and realized it was now two months to the day without a job. My mom called just to say hi and I broke down and cried on the phone. I was just so tired of talking about it, my lack of progress with finding something. Shortly after that my dad called and I cried to him too. And then Andrew called and...well, you get the idea. They all reminded me that I was wasting time and that in another month or two (or three...or four...)when I had a new job I would feel silly for having been so upset. I know, I know...but it's easier said than done.

Yesterday morning I woke up and decided I had to approach my day differently. I would spend a few hours on job stuff first thing and then forget about it for the rest of the day. I sent some resumes and made some phone calls. One of the people I called said "Oh Mary, you were on list to call today!"....and proceeded to tell me that the other person I had been waiting to hear back from was out of the country for two weeks but had forwarded my info to the HR department for next steps, said they were scheduling interviews for early June and I should be hearing from them. Oh. Oh!

So of course, all of my nail-biting and hand-wringing and parent-crying had been in vain. I felt ridiculous for having gotten so upset.

Today is so much better than Monday. I got up, did some work but have spent much of the day just enjoying myself...reading the new issue of "Real Simple"..watching my new Sex & the City Season 6 DVD (came out yesterday - hooray!)...working on something for the baby shower this weekend and sometimes just sitting on the sofa and staring out the window at the huge hydrangea bush that is blooming in our yard. Tonight Andrew and I are off to a Braves game so it's another chance to search out the gayest Brave and eat a hotdog. And it's half-price concession day at Turner Field!

Some days are just better than others....

| posted by Mary | 5/19/2004 06:45:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!