Thursday, June 24, 2004  

The New Baaaaaaaaby.



Went to visit my friend Chelsea this morning, who is a brand new mama, her baby Caleb will a week old tomorrow. Wow. A week old. When my niece and nephew were born I didn't go to visit until a few weeks after their births and when I was holding Caleb earlier today I realized he was the youngest baby I had ever held. He is perfect, teeny tiny little toes and fingers, a sweet little mouth that reminds me of a baby bird and velvety soft fuzz covering his head. Chels said that she never wants to put him down and I can understand why.

I think that babies must give off a pheromone or something that perpetuates the life cycle because even though I know that I'm not ready to have a baby and Andrew and I are planning to wait a few years, you just have to hold a baby for a minute and breathe in that sweet baby smell and suddenly you melt and starting thinking "I want a baaaaaby! Why can't we have a baaaaaaby now?"

Then after a while you'll hand it back over to its mother and it might spit up or poop its diaper or start to cry and the feeling will subside. But that first moment when you hold them, pretty intense.

I am so happy for Chelsea and have to say that Caleb is one lucky baby to have her for his mom. No one could be more in love than she is right now.

| posted by Mary | 6/24/2004 10:43:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!