Wednesday, June 09, 2004  

Tanathon 2004: a self-tanning update

Before Self-Tanner
After Self-Tanner

Pros:

- The color looks really natural. Not orange at all, just a toasty brown.

- A subtle toasty brown. Subtle is key. I do not like self tanners that make you look like you changed ethnicities or something.

- Smell is still not too bad, although it does smell a little more self-tannery than it did last night. But its still kinda of chocolately smelling too. Andrew told me he thought I smelled like a chocolate-covered malt ball. Not sure if it was a compliment...

- I mentioned before that the product is cheap. I paid $7.50 for it at Sally and it is already just as good if not better than the time I shelled out $30 for Clarins Self Tanner.

Cons:

- Despite everyone on Makeup Alley making it sound like a self-tanner that even a dummy couldn't mess up I still managed to have a few weird spots. There's a telltale streak on the back of my arm and a little leprosy thing going on with my wrists and the side of one hand. Oh yeah and my feet look a little bit muddy but not nearly as bad as they usually do with self-tanner.

- And despite spending over an hour in the self-tanning process last night I'll still have to spend time today doing "touch-up" on the weird spots. Already this whole process is starting to seem way too time-consuming.

The Verdict.

So overall I give it a good review. If you're self-tanner curious I'd definitely give it a try, based on the price, color, and smell. But as always you have to be careful with the application.

Wish I could be like the lucky celebrities who can just shell out big bucks to lie around nude at a spa while little self-tanning minions coat them from head to toe, careful to never leave weird splotches or streaks. I've read that Paris Hilton spends over $1,000 a month on self-tanning treatments. Lucky Paris Hilton....

| posted by Mary | 6/09/2004 11:16:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!