Monday, June 07, 2004  

You Got to Bubble.

I like Townes Van Zandt, who I'm listening to right now. His version of "If I Needed You" is positively heartbreaking. But on the lighter side, his song "Fraternity Blues" is hilarious.

I decided to improve my social station
I joined a fraternity organization
tucked in my shirt
signed on the line
right away they set about to improve my mind
the car I drove
the books I read
the food I ate
the booze I drank
the girls I took out
my breath

Said "Kid, we don't much like the way you walk
and you gonna have to change the way you talk"
They said "your dress is kind of slouchy
and your attitude is mighty grouchy"
Said "You got to learn to Bubble"
"You got to bubble with enthusiasm"


I know all about bubbling, as I was a Phi Mu sister in college.

I've been looking through old photos lately and here's one of me, pictured with Natalie and Allison, standing on the front steps on the Phi Mu house on a sorority Bid Day.



We are the height of bubbliness.

Here's another, from a spring formal during my senior year.



That's me in the pale blue dress, posing with a bottle of Michelob Light in my hand. Classy. I remember that one of my friends' date had a flask of moonshine and I had tried a few swigs of it. I turned quite bubbly almost instantly and later that night I went home and bubbled all over my bathroom.

| posted by Mary | 6/07/2004 08:05:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!