Wednesday, July 14, 2004  

Job Opportunities Abound.

Well, maybe they don't quite abound but they're certainly picking up. I had a phone call early this morning from The Place Where I Have Always Wanted to Work and I have an interview there next Thursday! Yessssss! (said in best Macaulay Culkin/Home Alone fist-pumping style) And only four months from the day I sent my resume in, how's that for timeliness?

Also had an interview earlier today, with a Buckhead non-profit group that had called me on Monday. Things went pretty well I think, the job sounds interesting and I like the idea of working with a group that helps people. I didn't really feel like I had a great connection with one of the interviewers though, it wasn't bad, she was just kind of hard to talk to.

I came home from the interview, fixed lunch, chatted with Andrew (who is now on a plane headed to Detroit) and then collapsed in the sunroom with a popsicle and a book for a few hours. Interviewing is exhausting...having to wear a suit and real shoes (feet having become accustomed to flip-flops during months of unemployment)and then getting all nervous while you're driving there and singing along to the radio to pump yourself up and then having to sit and talk about yourself and make-up strengths and weaknesses that don't sound too horrible ("My biggest weakness...uh, I work too hard...yeah, that's probably it")and there's always my least favorite question, "So, tell me about your self" and the whole process is just kind of fatiguing.

Whew. I think I need another popsicle.

| posted by Mary | 7/14/2004 04:41:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!