Wednesday, July 07, 2004  

Job Search Update.

I found out this morning that I didn't get a job that I interviewed for a few weeks ago. I have to admit that I'm disappointed. I had felt really good about the interview and thought there was a strong possibility that I would get it. I'm trying to think of what I could have done differently. Why is it so hard not feeling personally rejected when you don't get a job offer?

I have an interview tomorrow afternoon with an architecture firm in midtown, very close to where I used to live. I suppose I'm interested in the job but the thought of driving back and forth to midtown everyday makes me feel anxious, I hate commuting. Also, I'm a little afraid after talking with my interviewer last week, he's a partner in the firm and was telling me about the interview process, the rounds of interviews, who all I'll meet with, having to take a timed graphic design test (in a program I'm not very familiar with). Scary stuff.

I had a phone call yesterday from a place that I would really love to work for. This is for a writer/editor position I wrote about a few months ago, back at the beginning of my job search. Its only taken them three months to get back in touch with me but nevermind, I can put that behind me. They had only called me to ask for writing samples, no big deal yet but I am crossing my fingers for an interview. I asked yesterday what their timeline is for filling the position and my contact said they wanted to fill it ASAP. Hey, what a coincidence, I'm available ASAP! Maybe something will work out....

| posted by Mary | 7/07/2004 09:45:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!