Monday, September 27, 2004  

Birthday Girl.



I'm 28 today. So far so good.

I started the day with a sleepy Andrew telling me happy birthday, then opening some cards, having cake for breakfast and coming in to work to find birthday Krispy Kreme donughts in the office kitchen. I talked to my mom on the way into work and we rehashed last night's birthday dinner at Buckhead Diner and what a fun evening we had. Tonight Andrew and I are going out for drinks and dinner and then on to 10 High for Metalsome Monday.

I looked up my birthday horoscope earlier today:

"Your year can be spectacular, as long as you don't push yourself too hard. Shed a responsibility or two, if you can, as you might feel quite burdened. Although, you will have many opportunities drop in front of you say "yes" only to the opportunities that feel right to you. Be careful; relax and don't fret. Exercise or start integrating some type of stress-buster into your life. If you are single, you could find yourself in a relationship (and a good one at that) before you know it. If you are attached, share more of your humor and gentleness with your sweetie. Let some of the sparkles of happiness drop on your partner as well."

This is a pretty dang generic horoscope. Apparently I can have a great year if I drop some of my responsibilities...so....I’m going to choose housekeeping and bill-paying. Both of these activities have made me feel quite overburdened in the past so they’re outta here.

“Say yes only to the opportunities that feel right to you.” Let me see….”Yes, I will have another glass of wine please."....”No, I cannot work late tonight, that does not feel right."....

“Exercise or start integrating some type of stress-buster into my life” Indeed. After letting go of my pervious burdens I should have much more time for exercise.

As for “letting some of the sparkles of happiness drop on my partner” – Andrew, look out baby. Sparkles of happiness coming your way.


P.S. I share a birthday with Avril Lavigne, Shaun Cassidy, Wilford Brimley and Meat Loaf.

Huh.

| posted by Mary | 9/27/2004 04:41:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!