Thursday, September 30, 2004  

Changes.



I am going to experiment next week and try taking MARTA to work. As previously mentioned, I work for a firm that does urban planning and whatnot and they are very encouraging of anyone who carpools, uses public transportation, bikes to work, etc. Plus, I hate the thirty or so minutes that I spend in the car everyday, lurching down the interstate while cursing under my breath and feeling my shoulder muscles tense up.

I will still have to drive to the MARTA station (about ten minutes away) and Park and Ride so I can pretend I’m a New Jersey commuter taking the train into Manhattan (how fun!). The train ride itself appeals to me, I could sit and read a book or just look at fellow MARTA passengers, always good people-watching. Then when I get into Midtown the office is a few blocks away so there will be exercise involved everyday as well, about a 10-minute walk going to work and then going back to the station. Will I have to wear tennis shoes with my work clothes, ala Melanie Griffin in “Working Girl”? I haven’t figured this out yet.

The other part of the new change is that when I mentioned taking MARTA I also asked about changing my hours from 8:30-5:30 to 7:30-4:30. (a few people in my office do this). That way I can leave work and (if all goes according to plan) actually be at home, standing in my kitchen at 5:30 every evening. Which would be awesome. Of course, the downside of this is getting up early. I don’t do very well with getting up early.

Just curious…how long does it take you to get to work? What time you get up/go to bed? How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Do you have any suggestions on how to streamline my morning process, short of shaving my head and wearing a series of identical wrinkle-free jumpsuits everyday?

| posted by Mary | 9/30/2004 03:49:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!