Tuesday, September 28, 2004  

Good One.

Had a dermatologist appointment today. I love my dermatologist so much, he is about 100 years old (my dad used to go see him when he was in high school) and a super nice guy. And, despite being 100 or so years old, he still has eerily smooth skin. Everyone in the office has the same eerily smooth and perfect skin and they all swear it is from shaving their faces everyday. Yes, the women shave their faces. And yes, I know also shave my own face now because it's hard to ignore such a glowing testimony every time I'm in Dr. Hailey's office. I've been doing it for about two years now. So there's a little known secret about me that's not really little known anymore: I'm a face-shaver.

But all that is beside the point. I was lying back in the office this morning while Dr. Hailey picked and scraped and poked and mashed (oooow!) on my face. He took off a couple of moles, a cyst on my eyelid and extracted blackheads from my forehead, chin, etc. Every time he would poke around for a while, while I writhed in pain on the chair, and then he would proclaim “Aha! Got it!” or “Hmph, that was a good one!”

But he never showed any of them to me. And really, isn’t that one of the great pleasures in life, extracting disgusting things from your skin and then examining them to wonder how something so large ever fit in your pore? Or am I the only one who does this? I know I’m not. I have to run past Andrew when I’m wrapped in a towel after getting out of the shower or else he’ll grab me and start attacking my back looking for the ever-so-attractive back blackheads (backne). I hate it when he does this but at least he always shows me the “good ones.”

Next time I’m in Dr. Hailey’s office, would it be sick of me to ask to see the...uh...good ones?

| posted by Mary | 9/28/2004 04:54:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!