Wednesday, September 15, 2004  

It's 1992 All Over Again.



Andrew came home tonight with a Violent Femmes cd. We danced in the kitchen to "Kiss Off" and "Add It Up", etc while we were making dinner. I was transported back to 8th and sitting on the floor of my room listening to the Femmes with my best friend Ruthie and talking what it would be like when we were older and we could do whatever we wanted and wasn't Junior High so stupid.

I seem to be regressing, at least musically. We have been listening to different stuff lately, music that I loved when I was younger and that I had on tape(!) and have had to replace with cds. I have been playing the Pixie's "Doolittle" in my car for about a week straight and Andrew and I keep going back and forth on if we want to buy tickets off Ebay for their upcoming show at the Fox. I found out tonight that Tommy is now the only living member of The Ramones and that made me sad and gave me the urge to listen to "I Wanna Be Sedated" at full volume.

Music was so important to me growing up and I can't imagine how anyone could ever get through high school without the Violent Femmes, The Pixies, The Ramones, The Clash, The Cure, Sonic Youth, The Stone Roses, Jane's Addiction, They Might Be Giants, and so many more that I'm forgetting right now. It's been fun sort of rediscovering it all.

| posted by Mary | 9/15/2004 02:26:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!