Tuesday, October 12, 2004  

Conversation on the Train Tonight.

Me, sitting in a seat by myself and trying to read new issue of "In Touch" with headline of "Gwen Stefani: "I'm Starving!". (Just for the record I never read this magazine. Never ever.)

Him, middle-aged black man wearing high-waisted plaid pants, plopping down in the seat next to me and pretending to read the newspaper for about two seconds before turning to me.

Hey, how you doing tonight?

Okay, thanks.

You married?

Yes, I am.

Okay, I thought so. You look married.

(pause)

What? How do I look married? (afraid that this will be an insult)

Oh, you know...you're well-dressed, keeping yourself up. That's how it is with married ladies, they have to keep themselves up if they don't want their husbands to leave. They gotta take care of themselves.

Um, okay. (thinking about how Andrew refused to snuggle with me last night because I hadn't shaved my legs in four days. He could be on the brink of leaving me and I don't even know it)

Yeah, married ladies are like that. These single ladies that I date...they just don't care. They don't take care of themselves, they walk around looking all ragged like they don't care.

You know, I always thought it was the other way arou....

And they don't want to cook for you either. Nooooo! They want to go out to restaurants! All these restaurants! Nobody wants to cook anymore.

Before we can go any further into this his stop comes up and he hops off the train.

I spend the rest of the ride home trying to imagine the kind of dates this guy must go on.

| posted by Mary | 10/12/2004 08:21:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!