Monday, October 18, 2004  

Misc.

Pixies:

Very good show. They played everything I wanted to hear except "La La Love You." We really enjoyed it but I wish that we could have seen them play 15 years ago, back when everyone was still young and full of angst. I know you can't expect everything to stay the same, Frank Black must be in his forties and has a kid and all, but I was ever so slightly disappointed in the lack of screaming on "Tame", my favorite song of theirs. Oh well. It was still great fun and I'm glad we went.

Painting:


I am now officially in love with our den. The painters finished up on Friday and I was very nervous going in the house, not sure how it would look but it turned out perfect. The walls are painted a deep pumpkiny orange and it is so vibrant, dramatic, cozy and all kinds of other good adjectives. Very very happy with it. I'll try to post a photo of it soon.

The Fudge Bar guestroom also looks great, just not as dramatic as the den. I wish now that I had gone with my original darker brown color. C'est la vie. I'm still happy with it. Now we just have to paint our master bedroom, office and foyer and we'll be done!

Reading:

I just finished reading Augusten Burroughs's new book, Magical Thinking, and I love love loved it. Go buy it immediately and laugh outloud reading it and then get all sad when you finish it because you want more. Oh, go to the reading/book signing at the 14th Street Playhouse next Monday.

| posted by Mary | 10/18/2004 07:42:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!