Tuesday, October 05, 2004  

Treacherous Roads.



On the walk to the office this morning I had my head up, gazing at the trees on Piedmont Aveune...it's starting to really feel like fall. I looked down suddenly and noticed that I was just about to step on a giant dead rat, lying in the fetal position on the sidewalk. GAAAAH! I leaped away from it and hurried down the street, eyes focused on the ground for the rest of my journey.

It did make me think of something funny though. Rats aren't uncommon in midtown, you can usually find them scurrying around dumpters or outside of restaurants that you were about to go in and eat at (yuck) but it had been awhile since I had seen a dead one laid out on the sidewalk. I remembered about two years ago, walking down 8th Street by the Starbucks Andrew and I noticed a swarm of flies in front of us and when we looked down we saw a rat. Half a rat. The back half.

It was a rat's ass.

Just laying there on the sideway. It looked as though the rat had been cut in half with great precision. How did this happen? What had happened to the front half?

And where on earth did the expression "give a rat's ass" come from anyway?

Ewwwwww.

| posted by Mary | 10/05/2004 01:16:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!