Monday, October 04, 2004  

Weekend Snippets.

· Had lovely post-birthday dinner cooked for me Friday night…many thanks Natalie!

· Morphed into 12-year-old boy mode to enjoy a day at Six Flags with Andrew and some friends. I love a good roller coaster. Or even a bad one, whatever. We rode the Mind Bender, the Scream Machine, Georgia Cyclone, the Georgia Scorcher, the Ninja, the Batman and the new (and very cool) Superman. Every time the coasters would stop Andrew and I would go “Holy crap! I’m going to throw up…I have whiplash….the pain….Let’s do it again! Again! Again!”

· And, in keeping with it being time for Halloween, I used a new highlighting kit and dyed my hair a lovely shade of orange yesterday afternoon. As previously mentioned, I can no longer find my trusty old L’Oreal highlighting kit that I used for years and years and I (stupidly) experimented once again with another kit. This was followed by hysteria, sobbing and a worried Andrew frantically making phone calls to find a decent salon that was open on Sunday afternoons. A big shout out and HOORAY for Salon Red in Decatur, they were so nice and turned by Halloween wig-head back into a lovely dark blonde with wonderfully natural-looking highlights. Salon Red , I love you. Also, Andrew has made me swear off all home hair coloring from now on.

Also, I woke up at 5:15 this morning for the premiere of Mary Takes MARTA to Work. It went really well I think…I got to read on the train and the short little walk to the office was much less stressful than skidding to a stop at traffic lights and yelling “F-Wooooooord!” as I hit every light red. And, since I came in at 7:30 this morning and it is now 4:30 – I get to go home now!

Yessssssssss.

| posted by Mary | 10/04/2004 04:28:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!