Thursday, January 06, 2005  

Completely Girly and Self-Absorbed.



To go along with my new hair I bought some new make-up last week....lipstick, blush, highlighters, eye shadows, etc. And then to go with my new makeup I bought new skincare stuff as well. In the past, I have stuck with:

- Cetaphil cleanser
- Occasionally mixing the cleanser with baking soda for exfoliating
- Occasionally using Betadine surgical scrub for a mask (this sounds weird but it worked great)
- Following it all with an inexpensive moisturizer, such as Cetaphil, Dove, etc

This was all per my dermatologist's philosophy that you didn't need fancypants department store products to have good skin. And it worked pretty well for the most part. But then I went off b/c pills a few months ago (and nay, I am not trying to get pregnant) and ever since then my poor face has been a wreck. I went to visit my derm and he urged me to go back on the pill and wrote prescriptions for scary things like Prednisone. No thanks!

I wanted to try something new so last week I stopped by the Kiehl's counter and inquired about a skincare routine. I am madly in love with Kiehl's Creme de Corps body lotion, a product that will make your corps ever so silky smooth and glowy. Miraculous. Even at $15 for 4 ounces. Eeek. Don't think about it. Anyway. I talked with the salesperson for a while and walked away with a cleanser, moisturizer, night cream, eye cream and spot treatment gel. The moisturizers seem okay but after using the Foaming Non-Detergent Washable Cleanser for four days I felt like my face was going to crack open. I am dry, dry, dry. And itchy. And sort of windburned-looking too. Ouch.

So, Kiehl's Foaming Face-Cracking-Open Washable Cleanser is going back to the store this weekend, possibly with its sidekicks; Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 15, Abyssine Cream, Abyssine Eye Cream and Blue Herbal Spot Treatment.

But then what? My mom just started using DHC products and is currently giving them rave reviews. Something about washing my face with olive oil seems a little off-putting but everyone over at Make-Up Alley loves the stuff too. Has anyone ever tried these products?

What about you? What's your skincare routine like? Cleansers? Moisturizers? Do you use an eye cream? Good experiences, bad experiences...please share! My poor, dry, cracking-open face is depending on you!

| posted by Mary | 1/06/2005 03:18:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!