Wednesday, February 09, 2005  

Embarrassing Childhood Tale No: 4,876



Growing up I lived down the street from a girl my age named Holly. Holly was sort of spoiled and bratty but she had a lot of good toys. Including a Barbie Townhome. Also, her mom used to let us snack on microwavable cheese-filled hotdogs whenever we wanted. So, we were friends. Sort of.

One day when we were about 6 years old we were watching cartoons over at her house. Bugs Bunny came on. "Bugs Bunny is my favorite! I LOVE Buys Bunny!", Holly shouted.

"Yes," I agreed, "Except his name is Bigs Bunny. BIGS."

"No, it's NOT!"

"Yes, it is. That's his name. Because he's big. A big bunny." (said with complete conviction)

"NO! HIS NAME IS BUGS BUNNY! YOU DUMMY!"

"NUH UH! YOU'RE THE DUMMY! IT'S BIGS!"

"BUGS!"

"BIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGSSSSS!"

I'm not sure who shoved who first but we ended up scrapping and I had to go home. I was tearfully telling my mom about the fight:

"And....sniff....Holly said, she kept saying he was...sniff...BUGS Bunny, not BIGS."

Silence.

"Um, honey? It is Bugs Bunny. Holly is right."

Dammit.

Andrew is a big cartoon fan and received a Warner Bros classic collection as a Christmas gift from his parents. We were watching it the other night when I remembered the "Bigs/Bugs" fight.

22 years later and I'm still embarrassed, just a little bit.

| posted by Mary | 2/09/2005 10:24:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!